[CLOSED] Re: Looking for a mentor/adviser

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Mon Feb 1 21:27:51 MST 2010

On Mon 1 February 2010 4:53:08 pm Lisa Kachold wrote:
> You might do well Sean to set up vigilance when you are motivated to
> become argumentative over abstract details, since this is a clear red
> flag that you don't understand the subject matter. It very well might
> be a learning disability, which you can overcome.

Hey all,

At this point, after talking things over with Hans and Alan in IRC, we think
it's best if this thread is closed. It is getting no where productive very
fast, regardless of who is the cause of this. Sean has his mentor and will be
reporting his progress on the mailing list (might I also suggest documenting
it in a wordpress.com or blogger.com blog?); at this point, the rest of this
thread should not dissolve into argument or name calling from -anyone,-
whether it is Sean or Lisa or Craig or -anyone else- on the plug-discuss
mailing lists.

Sean has made his interest in learning about GNU/Linux and moving his business
from a completely Microsoft environment into an integrated environment
completely clear in past posts to the list. As a result of this thread, even
after receiving the help he requested, he is considering (or has) unsubscribed
from the mailing list. This is _not_ the kind of message we want to send to
newer Phoenix LUG members.

I have no time for a full analysis of this situation, only enough to see that
this thread is doing nothing productive and only making _everyone_ involved
look fairly silly. As a result, we (Hans and I) are asking that this thread be
closed. Please don't reply to this message or any others in this thread.

Note, the "Project Update" thread is not under moderation at this time. :-)

Thanks and best,
Ryan

THREAD CLOSED

--