Web Deployment OS or COTS (was RE: Versioning system - Subversion Vs. Git)

Mike Ballon mike.ballon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:58:51 MST 2010

Greets,

I'm looking for either an opensource or commercial package for web
deployment. In the past I have used both Replweb and WebMethods in the
Windoz world, although now I'm looking at a LAMP environment.

The reason I'm looking is because our web team does constant updates and
deployments and I honestly can't keep up with everything else I have to do.
I could give them access to production like they use to have, of course I
really don't want that. I could also use svn/git with rsync (which we have
done in the past) or simply manual write custom scripts for everything,
although I really want a turnkey solution.

Ideally I'm looking for something that supports not only version control,
but the standard dev, test, prod method with rollback. I'd like to setup the
infrastructure and walk away, well for the most part anyway. Nice to have
would be a web UI, although it's not required. Right now all I've been able
to find is Rational Build Forge and I'm looking for opinions and experience
from the PLUG.

-Mike