using a cross compiling back end for gcc

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 19:41:42 MST 2010

I think you are looking for distcc but I have never used it.
On Dec 24, 2010 7:28 PM, "Technomage Hawke" <technomage.hawke at gmail.com>
wrote:
> ok,
> I'd really like to recompile any source package for debian on my G3 but
its way too slow. is there any way I can properly setup a linux machine that
can take the job directly from the G3, compile the code and return the
compiled binaries back to the G3 for final packaging and installation?

> I have been trying to find how to do this on google, but there's so much
unrelated crap showing up in the search that its making this job a major
trial for me.

> btw, the backend machine is either going to be my core 2 duo or the and
X2. not sure which would work better.