How to ssh copy a file from local to web host when logged in?

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 21:31:57 MST 2010

I don't know what side you're coming from linux or windows. For linux, you can use nautilus File -> Connect to Server change type to ssh then enter server and username and then connect. If you're coming from windows you can download winscp and do the same thing as you'll want to make sure it uses ssh and not (s)ftp. You'll then have a gui to grab all the files you want.