Galaxy Geforce 9500 gt video card?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:31:08 MST 2010

I'm sure I can find you a pata/ata drive if you can't use the sata drive
Matt offered.

Try having someone with a Windows machine reformat those bad USB sticks.  I
have recovered several that way.

I agree the 9500 card should be fine though I'm not sure what advantage it
would have for your needs over any on-board video.

Larry

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net>wrote:

> From: eculbert <eculbert at yahoo.com>
> > Anyone used [a Galaxy Geforce 9500GT]? Hopefully it works with a
> > live cd. Building up a new system w/o onboard video. Going to install
> > and try today..just curious if it is an ok board
>
> The vast majority of nVidia cards will Just Work, in 2D with the "nv"
> module,
> or 3D with the evil binary-only nvidia module.  Haven't used that model,
> but
> I've had no problems with any nVidia card since 2000.  The live CD will
> probably use "nv", which should be totally fine for the non-3D things you
> said
> you wanted to do.
>
> > Going to run 'hd-less' till at least 1/8, so live here we go!
>
> I've got a 250G SATA disk that isn't doing anything at all.  Ran "dd
> if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdc bs=64k ; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=64k" 3
> times on it, natch.
>
> --
> Matt G / Dances With Crows
> The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/
> There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson