Galaxy Geforce 9500 gt video card?

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Dec 20 08:50:40 MST 2010

From: eculbert <eculbert at yahoo.com>
> Anyone used [a Galaxy Geforce 9500GT]? Hopefully it works with a
> live cd. Building up a new system w/o onboard video. Going to install
> and try today..just curious if it is an ok board

The vast majority of nVidia cards will Just Work, in 2D with the "nv" module,
or 3D with the evil binary-only nvidia module.  Haven't used that model, but
I've had no problems with any nVidia card since 2000.  The live CD will
probably use "nv", which should be totally fine for the non-3D things you said
you wanted to do.

> Going to run 'hd-less' till at least 1/8, so live here we go!

I've got a 250G SATA disk that isn't doing anything at all.  Ran "dd
if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdc bs=64k ; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=64k" 3
times on it, natch.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows