OpenBSD and the FBI

Jordan Aberle jordan.aberle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 21:09:35 MST 2010

First of all, I don't believe in bloated *nix installs, all my servers are
setup from the bare minimum, I install only packages that are needed for
that server's purpose.  I do agree, DNS is one of the weakest points when it
comes to security.  It also helps to run things on non standard ports.  If
someone does try an attack they will need to figure out what is running on
that port.  Disabling version replies is also very important.  It will be
tougher to run things like metasploit if you don't know the version of the
service running.  Packet filtering and IDS I take to heart. :)