Configuring repositories for Yum on RHEL 6

Tim Noeding tim.noeding at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:18:38 MST 2010

Hey Keith,

Try the following command:

# rhn_register

That will bring up a registration menu which requires your login and
password to RHN.

Good luck!

- Tim
On Dec 16, 2010 11:35 AM, "keith smith" <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is an authentic RHEL release, version 6.  I'm not sure how to connect
to their repository.  We normally run CentOS so this is my first experience
with running licensed RH.

> Thanks for your help.

> Keith Smith

I find are beta  repositories.

>> Do I want to use yum or RPM?
>
> Either can do remote archive retrievals -- but Red Hat does not release
the post-Beta binaries of its enterprise product to the general internet,
choosing to provide access only through their RHN (Red Hat Network) which
uses strong authentication methods keyed to each individually licensed
install