Configuring repositories for Yum on RHEL 6

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Dec 15 17:08:45 MST 2010

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, keith smith wrote:

> I've been trying to find a list of "official" RHEL yum repository and all I find are beta  repositories.
>
> Do I want to use yum or RPM?

Either can do remote archive retrievals -- but Red Hat does
not release the post-Beta binaries of its enterprise product
to the general internet, choosing to provide access only
through their RHN (Red Hat Network) which uses strong
authentication methods keyed to each individually licensed
install

CentOS 6 will be along, soon enough ; Scientific Linux has a
candidate out there as well

-- Russ herrold
 	herrold at centos dot org