OT: USB Drive enclosure help

AZ Pete subs2 at cactusfamily.com
Tue Dec 14 16:50:01 MST 2010

Hi All,

I have a friend who's laptop (Windows) died, but thinks the drive should be ok. She bought a new MacBook and would like to copy her data from the old laptop. My thought was to take the drive out of the defunct laptop and put it in a USB enclosure which could then be connected to the new Macbook.

Does anyone have any recommendations on USB drive enclosures makes/models?

I'm very well versed with Windows and Unix, but I'm not a Mac person. I'm assuming that this scenario would work. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Peter