Booting from a USB Drive

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:12:49 MST 2010

>   2. Re: computer recycling (Steve Holmes)
>   3. Re: Booting from a USB Drive (Steve Holmes)
>   4. Re: Booting from a USB Drive (Dazed_75)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners_Guide#.2Fetc.2Fmkinitcpio.conf

This is where reading RTF(ine)M comes in on an intermediae to advanced
OS. The above is a snapshot from the beginners wiki to explain all the
runtime/boot files --- there are only 8 of them, with /etc/rc.conf
being the main one. I can guarantee you if you don't read the 2 wikis
at a minimum, when 98% of issues can be resolved, and they ask you
about reading... you will get directed back to the Wikis. It's not
that they are hard asses or have a bad attitude. It is that many
individuals have put together through information, and Arch is not a
hld your hand distro.

Reinstalling anything in Arch is highly if ever needed for anything.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Initrd

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Configuring_mkinitcpio#MODULES

About 1/3 way down is the command to regenerate your initrd.

mkinitcpio -p kernel26

This is the alternate one:

mkinitcpio -c /etc/mkinitcpio-custom.conf -g /boot/kernel26-custom.img

Happy Arching....

vp