rsync help the gramma

betty nicepenguin at webcanine.com
Wed Dec 8 19:24:02 MST 2010

I have an ext hdd that i copy my stuff to every few months. I think that
i am copying everything all over again each time.
What I'd like to do is just copy files that have changed.
This is the command i have been using

stormy at stormy-desktop:~$ sudo rsync -azvH /home/stormy/ /media/october

please don't suggest that i use dd or whatever else there is because i
am not good at trying new things. i think i'm doing a lot just to do the
backup every few months.

any rsync suggestions greatly appreciated. if i am already using the
correct command for just copying things that have changed, please let me
know.

THANKS, Merry Christmas to all pluggers !

--
betty i.
www.webcanine.com