Anyone know how to load DV from a Movie Camera over Firewire

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:15:39 MST 2010

Current cameras are like that, yes.  Older (3 years-ish) cameras with DV
tape are not that way.  They record raw digital video frames on the tape.
 That tape must then be played back into the computer via the firewire
connection.

Should Mark get a new camera?  Maybe, but that does not solve the problem of
getting the raw digital video off the tapes he already has.

Alan