Best Way to Multi-Boot?

Mike Hoy mhoy09 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 03:12:31 MST 2010

I need to run Windows and Linux. It has been this way for years. I am
getting fed up with it to be honest. But this isn't just about going
between win and nix. I also am compelled to run at least two different
distro's.

My solution was to do this:

HDD1: Ubuntu (for web dev and basically everything I need to get done)
HDD2: Windows
HDD3: Storage (for all backups between both 1 and 2 and all multimedia)

There is a 4th hard drive but it has failed so I will leave that out.
It was running Gentoo up until it's demise.

No matter what since I've owned a computer I find myself constantly
reinstalling operating systems. It has gone down over the years but
it's still like 3 times a year or so.

Recently I went from 9.10 to 10.10 and that caused problems so now I'm
going to have to go back to 9.10 not the end of the world but it's
getting old as am I.

Anyone have the ultimate solution for how to manage this? Are you in a
similar situation? What have you done to fix this problem.

Another problem is disk space. I have 2 500 gig drives (plenty for OS)
but my storage drive can never be big enough. I keep all my client's
data on it because I feel the need to have backups of everything for
those CYA moments. They do come up.

I find myself in awe of motherboards with more than 4 SATA ports. That
way I can have 8 hard drives! I could run 6 operating systems and 1
storage in RAID config! I'm only somewhat joking there.

Another question has anyone done any development on chromium OS? Maybe
that belongs in the dev list.