Is there something such as celluar wireless to connect with an ISP ?

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Fri Dec 3 20:14:10 MST 2010

Jailbreak + socks proxy is good for a free (save the money you're
already paying for data) tethering solution for the iPhone.  It's not
the only way, though.

You can do the tethering quite a bit easier using a Jailbreak app like
MyWi which is $10 or $20 (I forget).  It turns your iPhone into a
wireless AP.  It's very slick and uses your existing data plan.  I used
the socks proxy at first but haven't looked back since getting MyWi.

If you want to be completely legit and don't mind spending lots of
money, then the iPhone can do "official" tethering, too, using an
expensive add-on data plan -- $20 per month in addition to your existing
data plan.  Non-rooted Android does tethering similar to this.