ATJEU NOC ENGINEER

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Dec 3 09:18:34 MST 2010

Actually it's a GREAT FUN build position!  You get to get immersed in PLESK,
Citrix-Xenserver, WHS/Cpanels, and the best processors and NOC backup
procedures.

But it looks like Jeff Lord has just found someone.

But I really suggest if anyone is interested in NOC work, or having a fine
place to HOST your boxen, you contact Jeff over at ATJEU.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > an IMMEDIATE OPENING for a solid technician who is looking to grow with a
> > small company as it gets bigger with an opportunity to gain valuable
> > experience troubleshooting Linux and Windows servers. As our company
> grows,
> > there will be plenty of opportunity to express your ideas and contribute
> > the success of the company as you take on increased responsibility and
> > advancement. We are a small company so we look to the experience and
> talent
> > of our staff to bring new ideas to light that we can sell to our clients
> and
> > make the company better.
> >
> > **IF YOU ARE NOT A STRONG LINUX USER, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY!!!**
> >
> > **THIS IS NOT A TELECOMMUTING POSITION**
> >
> > Noc Engineer Job Description
> >
> > Technical support representative monitoring our help desk and helping
> > clients with troubleshooting problems that they may be having on their
> > servers. *This is not a phone support or low level end user support
> > position.
> >
> > The successful candidates should be proficient in all of the following
> > areas:
> > * Independent thinker with solid problem solving skills
> > * Good computer skills (typing, data entry)
> > * Professional communication skills
> > * Ability to be a team player with a positive attitude
> > * Excellent customer service skills
> >
> > Desired Skills:
> >
> > - LINUX EXPERIENCE (2+ years preferred). Certs are not necessary, only
> that
> > you know Linux well.
> > - Windows 2003/2008 Server
> > - Web Hosting Control Panels (cPanel, Plesk)
> > - Ability to configure and troubleshoot Apache, Sendmail, Qmail, MySQL,
> PHP
> > etc.
> > - Understanding of virtualization technologies preferred (OpenVZ,
> Virtuozzo,
> > Xen, VMWare etc)
> > - Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of PC hardware
> > troubleshooting issues
> > - Previous experience with some or all of these control panels, cPanel,
> and
> > Plesk is a plus but not a requirement
> > - Solid working knowledge of the Linux command line
> > - Customer focused attitude with some previous customer service
> experience
> > - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
> > - Thoroughly describe and document work using trouble ticketing system
> > - Handle escalations of unhappy or irate customers; escalate issues to
> > management when necessary Manager
> > - Software installation experience
> > - Thorough knowledge of the processes and procedures used for all aspects
> of
> > the supporting role
> >
> > Hours:
> > Overnight- 6pm to 6am on a rotating 3 day/4 day week. One week of Wed,
> > Thurs, Fri, Sat and the next week of Thurs, Fri and Sat only.

Network Operations Center Engineer
Atjeu Hosting