gphoto2 and digikam both quit working.

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Dec 2 13:15:11 MST 2010

As of yesterday, gphoto2 worked perfectly to download photos from my Kodak
digital camera; and digikam also worked fine.

As of today, both no longer work.  I've made no change in my system or in
my camera.

When I run this: gphoto2 --get-all-files <E> this is the result I see:

*** Error: No camera found. ***

For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
developer mailing list <gphoto-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
gphoto2 as follows:

  env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --get-all-files

Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

After running the suggested debug, I posted the results at the following
URL because the file was too long to include in an email:

- - - http://www.upquick.com/temp/gphoto.log

How can I get gphoto2 to work again?