OT: looking for a lawyer who's also geeky...

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Aug 31 09:33:07 MST 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 06:47:11AM -0700, Lyle Tuttle wrote:
> Just a reminder:
>
> When the  polls close at the appointed time, EVERYONE who is IN LINE
> or inside MUST be allowed to vote.
>
> You CANNOT be turned away IF you were at least in the line, let
> alone, inside....
>
> Do not allow a poll worker to turn you away - ask for the supervisor
> (and take names!)

That's good to know.  I wasn't really sure what could happen in a
situation like that.  That one time when I couldn't use a voting
machine, it was supposedly because the pole worker didn't know how to
set things up and I was thus assisted in voting the old non-private
way.  But like I said, I complained the next day and I think this
county is doing things the right way in this reguard now.