PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 62, Issue 31

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Sun Aug 29 14:45:11 MST 2010

> Check CostCo for your meds.  I've used them several times and they are
> much less than Walgreens.

Walmart is cheaper than either Walgreens or Costco.

But for a short drive to Los Algodones, Mexico just a few minutes from
Yuma, I bought a 6 month supply of one medication that my son needs for
$1.99. For years, he has been paying $60.00 per month for *the exact same
item* ... same bottle, same brand, same source.

For another item for which my wife was paying a $30.00 co-pay for an
employer health-care covered medication, we bought a SIX-month supply for
... 99-cents. No prescription needed.

For her type-1 diabetes, she needed a prescription called Armor Thyroid.

Her doctor would not prescribe it and she could not find any physician in
the US who would write a prescription for it for her.  They all insisted
(coerced) her to buy and take a more expensive synthetic ... which DID NOT
WORK well for her at all and gave her all kinds of trouble.

But finally, she found a supplier in India who air-mailed the exact item
that she needed from India ... and when the factory-sealed item arrived,
it had the original mfrs label and "made in Canada" on the label. While
that item is made and sold in Canada, she could not purchase it from a
Canadian pharmacy without a US doctor's prescription, which she could not
get.

I recently paid $3,500 for an MRI (about a 10-minute procedure).  On a
recent PBS special, they interviewed several places in Japan where anyone
can walk in off the street and get the exact same MRI for a one-time cost
of $99.  No prescription and no insurance required.

Friends, this whole physician/pharmaceutical/medical testing business is,
without any doubt, a scam operation in the U.S. top to bottom.

One word: greed.