OT: Self Employed Health Insurance Costs and Coverage

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 17:39:00 MST 2010

Based on a recent experience, other life experiences, and much reading I would say health insurance premiums are increasing do a great extent based on and the cause of extremely expensive rates is based on the uninsured who utilize and do not pay.

We have a ton of "guests" who use the emergency room as their PCP.  You and I pay for that in many ways.  Directly and indirectly.  It also affects our taxes.

I know you are going to cry foul.  I think you might change your tune if you had to pay $800 a month for insurance you can hardly use.

The quotes I have been receiving are in the $400 plus range and have a $9000 deductible.  That means I pay $4800 a year plus all medical costs up to $9000.  My out of pocket would be $13,800 before I would get into a 70% / 30% where I would pay up to another $3000 and then the insurance kicks in.  That means I would spend $16,800 before the insurance takes over.

This is all true.

Keith Smith