request you top post please

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Aug 26 10:39:06 MST 2010

Well since this whole thread pertains to the question of top posting
vs bottom posting, I went even one further.  I just reply with an
empty message! This is one reason I love mutt as my e-mail client;
I'll give reasons as I go along.

I think for expedient reading, reading from the top and hearing or
seeing the most recent context is the best way to go.  I too am blind
and use audio screen reading software to go through my messages.  I
also dispise with a passion, mail with umpteen layers of top quoting
only to get clear down to the bottom of the message and have the
latest reply say a one liner like "Me too!" Now I will say mutt comes
to the rescue here with the 'S' (capital S) command; that moves the
cursor down to the next section of unquoted text.  This even works
with interlaced mail with mixtures of quoted and unquoted text.

I can also see where a chronical order is important - especially when
it might come to a "history lesson" of an on-going project or
progression of questions and answers but then again, trimming off the
older history is important.  After all, if that thread was that
interesting, I probably saved the previous e-mails on the subject
already.

Oh, I generally do not like forums very well; it just seems too
inefficient to me.  Things seem too broken up tome to navigate my way
around in those things.