OT: Win: Starting a windows enterprise admin group

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Thu Aug 26 10:06:30 MST 2010

Bryan O'Neal wrote:
> As stated in a recent thread there seems to be a substantial lack of
> decent windows admin groups.  Particularly ones with the culture we
> enjoy here. The solution - start one. I know a dozen or so people here
> who are forced to admin windows boxes and would like a collective
> support group like what we have for plug. The next questions is do we
> have
> 1) Support - I am not founding another insta-dead group. The world has
> too many already
> 2) Name - How does MAUG sound - Microsoft Admin Users Group. The Maug
> are a group of islands in southeast asia near Japan.
>
> If I get more then 10 responses I will have the mailing list and a
> elchepo web page up tonight. After which I will start garnering
> support from the windows community so we can get a few hundred active
> members into the fold as quickly as possible
>
> Let me know

Did anything materialize regarding this?

I'm presently wrestling with a little samba roaming profile problem. I
expect the problem is my lack of windows knowledge, and such a group
would be useful.

I don't think the group would necessarily need meetings. I'm just
looking for a mailing list. I could host the mailing list I suppose,
provided that I could find someone to provide a mail relay for sending
messages (I'm limited in that capacity, as I'm on a dynamic IP address).

--
-Eric 'shubes'