OT: Alternatives to Tivo?

Chipper chip33az at netscape.net
Wed Aug 25 15:12:38 MST 2010

  I like SageTV.  The use of the HD extenders makes SageTV a very easy
install.

I currently run SageTV 6.x on an ArchLinux headless box with two
Hauppauge 1600 extenders.  For ArchLinux I only had to install the TV
firmware (which I believe is now included in the latest kernels) and
Java.  SageTV installed quickly and then I purchased an HD Extender for
the TV in the living room.