Selling Linux on Startup?

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Aug 25 12:40:07 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 12:07 -0700, Ariel Gold wrote:
> Anyways, he says the linux systems are selling slower than the windows
> systems.
>
> I thought it'd be cool for the linux systems to sell themselves
> somehow. Maybe a screen saver slideshow that features firefox, how
> openoffice is compatible with MS Office, etc. And/or maybe a desktop
> background that explains what icons are on the desktop and what they
> do. Or maybe even a video on a loop...

There are some fun videos that the Ubuntu Ad folks are doing:

  http://www.youtube.com/user/ubuntuads

Also, I think a good thing would be to print out a copy of the Ubuntu
Manual Project and have that sitting around for people to browse:

  http://ubuntu-manual.org/

There are also several posters and fliers at the Spread Ubuntu site:

  http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/en/get-materials

		--Ted