Recommendations for server hardware (1U and 2U)..

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 11:39:53 MST 2010

I have noticed dell does allot of under the hood engineering so if those are
features you use keep them in mind

On Aug 21, 2010 11:37 AM, "Brian Cluff" <brian at snaptek.com> wrote:

I was getting mine from Benson IT, formerly Motherboards and Upgrades, they
are on Elliot, between Country Club and Mesa Dr.  It was only 1/4 mile from
workplace, so I could get parts for the machines in way less than 4 hours.
Like Michael mentioned they are an OEM product, so if you wanted on sight
service, you would need to find a vendor that supplied that.  I believe that
Benson will do that, but I never opted for the service.
What I do know is the SuperMicro machines were often times 1/2 the price of
similar dell or hp machines, so you should be able to get a second machine
for the same price and set it up to take over in case of failure and not
have to worry about needing speedy on site repair services.

Brian Cluff