Blackbeery no longer secure

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Aug 18 23:20:43 MST 2010

Am 18. Aug, 2010 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> Generaly BB was considerd the most secure. I can listen into any GSM phone
> call for about $1500 in equipment and sniff unecrypted data. As I understood
> it BB made the point of encrypting all of their data - iphone and android
> levee it to the application but I believe the default mail apps do not
> encrypt on either platform.

Well, then there's an opportunity. We need android mail and sms apps that
will encrypt messages :).

The BB stuff just encrypts in transit to/from the servers, so RIM still
has unencrypted access to it anyway, right?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.