OT: Embedded System Driver Testing

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 21:20:28 MST 2010

my company has an entire department dedicated to firmware design and one for
firmware verification. We made a big processor change and the firmware team
is pushing the hardware guys to write drivers to allow them to move up
higher in the abstraction layer. It also helps with adoption if drivers are
already written. We have things in place regarding test frameworks and other
infrastructure... but its dated (think early 80s) and very closed source. I
was hoping to deliver something a little closer to the 21st century.

It is just me and another guy, but hopefully, it will be the platform for
many projects in the future.

I am very interested in comparing notes. The author seemed responsive on the
forum.

Eric