Fresh Ubuntu Installation - Events/0 consumes most of cpu

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:30:53 MST 2010

Doing a Google search on "eth1: New link status: Connected (0001)" yields
about 58,000 results.  I looked through a few but did not find a solution.

I did find one user who said it was frustrating because he did not have the
problem with the previous version of ubuntu (he did not say which one).
Since yours was a new installation, you might want to try an older ubuntu
first just to try eliminating hardware as the cause.  Let me know if you
need a CD for that.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> This looks like network manager is on play check itsconfig or turn it off
>
> On Aug 17, 2010 11:17 PM, "Eric Cope" <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I looked in dmesg... I get :
>
> [4951.040817] eth1: New link status: Connected (0001)
> [4952.436157] eth1: New link status: Connected (0001)
>
> I tried "sudo ifdown eth1" ... I get interface eth1 not configured.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>

> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Eric Cope <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I tried both acpi=off...

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson