Linux CP command

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Aug 16 11:08:31 MST 2010

From: Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org>
> On Aug 13, 2010, at 7:32 AM, Shawn Badger wrote:
>> Mysql stores the databases in an individual folder for each database.
> mysql MYISAM does that.  Innodb & other storage engines uses other
> mechanisms.

innodb_file_per_table = 1

...will make InnoDB store one table in one file in one dir, similar to what
MyISAM does.  Downside:  More inodes used.  Upside:  Easier to back up and
restore individual InnoDB tables, but not quite as easy as it is with MyISAM
tables since you still need that ibdata1 file and you may need a couple of
ALTER TABLE commands when restoring.

I'd set that option in a new MySQL install, but that's just me.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows