OT (slightly): SSL Requirement

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Aug 15 12:25:16 MST 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, Lisa Kachold wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Bryan O'Neal <
> Bryan.ONeal at theonealandassociates.com> wrote:
>
>> So you do name based virtual hosts with SSL and without SNI? I would
>> love to see your config files!
>> - As always you teach us lowly mortals so much ;)

Which was not the question asked by Eric 'shubes', or that I
answered, of course ---

We were asked to have a load balancer or such at a public
address, IN FRONT of a backend filled with a collection of
potentially differing units, with RFC-1918 addressed backends
and if the SSL tunnel might be established by the front end
and used by the back ends.

The answer remains: no

> Hey, I just bungle along too.

no argument from me on that -- seems you shoot from the hit a
lot, though

-- Russ herrold