File - revisited

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sat Aug 14 16:54:56 MST 2010

Eric, this is what I did:

wget http://mirrors.mit.edu/.../konversation-1.3.1.tar.bz2
tar xf konversation-1.3.1.tar.bz2
ls -1 konversation-1.3.1
cat konversation-1.3.1/INSTALL

Build instructions can be found at
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

And I went there...

This is borderline with building the entire KDE interface, and that's
neither a trivial proposition nor it abides to "standard" build practices
(it is not your trivial "./configure && make && make install" dance)

My suggestion is to use whatever package your distribution provides, and if
you INSIST to go the "source" way, your best bet might be to try the LFS
thing.
And it won't be short...

My question is:
What distribution are you running?