File - revisited

Tim Noeding tim.noeding at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:31:31 MST 2010

You need to cd into konversation-1.3.1 first, then configure.

# cd konversation-1.3.1
# ./configure

The config file is located in the new directory that contains the program
you just untared.

-Tim

On Aug 14, 2010 2:27 PM, "Eric - A" <ericallen3 at juno.com> wrote:
> Here's what returned:
>
> root at Acer:~# cd /home
> root at Acer:/home# cd eric
> root at Acer:/home/eric# cd Downloads
> root at Acer:/home/eric/Downloads# tar -jxf konversation-1.3.1.tar.bz2
> root at Acer:/home/eric/Downloads# ./configure
> -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
> root at Acer:/home/eric/Downloads#
>

> .
> Eric - A
> .

installed as my IRC client. It's version 1.0. I have an update for it to
version 1.3.1 in a file called *konversation-1.3.1.tar.bz2* and need to
install it. I'm attaching a .txt file so as you can see what commands I used
from "terminal" trying to install it. When I get to the point of using #
./configure, nothing happens at all, and that's where I am stuck.