OT (slightly): SSL Requirement

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Aug 13 16:12:30 MST 2010

Thanks for the replies, Jason and Bryan. I particularly like Bryan's #3.

I think it's interesting that you both addressed a web (https) context.
SSL is used with email protocols as well (imaps, pop3s), although smtps
is deprecated and TLS is favored these days (for good reasons).

Perhaps the statement I had a problem with is just not very meaningful
without further context.

--
-Eric 'shubes'