Linux CP command

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 22:11:43 MST 2010

I just tried this in Ubuntu 10.04 and I couldn't navigate to the the /var/lib/mysql directory as non-root and the sudo cd /var/lib/mysql command didn't work so I just did a sudo -s and then navigated to the directory and did a copy like you have and it worked. As the others said though, I'd do a mysqldump instead.