Running BIND for home network name resolution

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:03:25 MST 2010

I want to set up a small network of selenium-rc nodes for web testing. I'd
like one to be the selenium server, a couple testing nodes, and the test web
server.
I could do hosts files, but then if I grow the network, or change it, the
idea of managing all of the hosts files seems like a pain. I hoped DNS would
be a better solution AND it seemed like a great reason to learn how to setup
BIND.

Eric