Fax

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Aug 11 17:33:57 MST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Eric - A <ericallen3 at juno.com> wrote:

> That ended that error, now I have 2 more.
> .
> efax-0.9a: 17:01:35 Error: can't read multi-strip TIFF files

Try this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/efax/+bug/589717

> .
> and
> .
> efax-0.9a: 17:01:35 Error: missing offset to TIFF data
> .

Try this:

There's a newer version of efax-gtk available as a .tgz file (version 3.2.1
by Chris Vine ). Either compile from source, or if you prefer, you can add
ppa:eugenesan/ppa to your software repository and upgrade from the package
manager.

And this:

With wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf find your modemport /dev/ttyACM0.
Change the settings/modem/serial device in ttyACM0 and test the modem.

Change the modem initialization string to get the modem to work correctly.
The following shows the stock initialization string and the changes made to
get US Robotics USB modem to function.

Stock String and Changes:

Z &F0 - command to load generic template (doesn't work) -
changed &F0 to &F1 which loads the hardware flow control template

M1L0 - sets speaker ON until connect with LOW volume
changed to M0L0 for speaker always OFF. the usb modem doesn't have a
speaker.

The first command change is what made it functional. The modem default is
designed for the windows environment where you're loading up the driver and
software that controls the modem. The change forces hardware control which
is needed in Linux. Google the command set for your modem and see if you
need to make some changes as well.

May the source be with you young Jedi.