How to use 'convert' to change several from png to jpg?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Mon Aug 9 23:46:55 MST 2010

The imagemagick suite of software comes with a nice utility called
mogrify in a nut shell it does what convert does, but it does it to the
files directly.  The best part is, that is takes all the same arguments
as convert.

Try simply doing:
mogrify -type jpg -resize 900 -quality 90% *.png

and all your PNGs will become jpgs

You could also do it the brute force method with convert:
for I in *.png; do
	convert -resize 900 -quality 90% $I ${I%.*}.png
	rm $I
done

Brian Cluff