OT : Small home rack

Nadim Hoque nadimhoque at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:08:26 MST 2010

So I also agree with towers instead of racks. My ex-roomate had a 2 u rack
server and was loud and sounded like a leaf blower. Now if you go with a 1u
then storage will also be an issue because of the height (and i think 4
drives at most). With towers, as brian said, are much quieter and if you get
a server type case, then you can fit a lot more drives in the machine before
resorting to external raid device. With that said, i do have a tower myself
and am quiet content with it with the noise and performance. Another thing
to note is that it is easier to add add-on cards to the machine such as a
raid controller or lan card.

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> That is an interesting idea I have toyed with.  Reduces the amount of floor
> space taken up in a home office.

> Keith Smith

Nadim Hoque
Computer Systems Engineering
The School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering
cell: 480-518-6235
nadimhoque at gmail.com