OT : Small home rack

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Thu Aug 5 11:34:23 MST 2010

Like yourself, I expect that most geeky types would prefer to "roll
their own".

Personally, I have 4 VM hosts (1 prod, 3 test/devel) in my closet
(literally). They're on shelves with the rear facing out. They all run
headless most of the time, but I have a monitor and kb I can easily
attach when there's a problem. I've also wired the closet with
appropriate power (UPS for prod) and networking. Everything's out of
sight, very quiet, and relatively low power consumption. I also added a
vent at the top of the closet to allow whatever heat to dissipate.

--
-Eric 'shubes'