Virtualbox installation of RHEL5

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Aug 4 14:55:01 MST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Eric Cope <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:

> I enabled IO_APIC and it got past that point of hanging. I'll let you know
> how it goes.
> Eric

Oh Sorry Eric, I didn't read the AMD error message carefully enough.

This appears to be a AMD issue and the only way around is by Enabling IO
APIC:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19658

Again from the Virtualbox forums!   Ask the correct source and Viola!

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Eric Cope <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried acpi=off. Attached is the screen shot. Lisa, can you elaborate
>> regarding the VIA processor? This is on a Core 2 Duo machine.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Eric
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Eric:

>>> Try:
>>>
>>> Under boot:
>>> type: linux acpi=off
>>> enter
>>>
>>> It can also be due to your VIA CPU - which only VirtualBox developers can
>>> help you with:
>>>
>>> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/370
>>>

>>> --
>>> IvedaXpress.com Systems Engineer
>>> Office: (480)307-8712
>>> AT&T: (503)754-4452
>>>
>>> "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether
>>> impossible. "
>>> --Stanislav Lem

Office: (602)239-3392