Computer for a good kid...

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:43:28 MST 2010

I have an old IBM netvista   P4 2ghz or so PC133 ram and a 40 GB IDE
drive, but it works, and it should have an old Nvidia graphics card in
it, i don't really have a spare monitor however. but if its not
already there i can drop Ubuntu on it.

I do think i can arrange for a keyboard and mouse as well.

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Tim Bogart <timbogart at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, I still haven't found work, and I'm trying to help one of my neighbors
> out.
>
> There's a young man living with his father four doors down from me.  He's
> going to ITT Tech tomorrow to see about getting in to one of their computer
> or IT programs.  He doesn't have a computer.  He can't buy one.  No money.
> Times are hard.  He is staying with his father and his father is on
> disability and waiting for a kidney.  He goes to dialysis every week.  I
> told him (his father, Dean (the son's name is Isaac)) I would put this note
> out on the list and see if there was anybody who could donate a spare
> computer to his cause.  His father indicated that he already has Cox cable
> and could probably get basic internet service.  I told him that this was
> conditional that if it happened, the computer would come with Linux on it
> and that it was NOT to be replaced with Windows.  He has learned of my
> accomplishments and trusts my judgment.  I told him that he would learn a
> lot more about computers and programming with Linux than he would ever learn
> with Windows.  I've got him pumped about Linux.
>
> Anyway, if anyone thinks they can help this young man, I'd like to hear from
> you.
>
> Good on all y'all,
>
> Tim B.

Stephen