OT: digital camcorder that has frame stabilization

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Wed Apr 28 22:14:35 MST 2010

My (cheap) Kodak camera, might not be the kind you want, but it does use an
SD card (very easy "plug in" type) for memory, and I literally have used it
with a tripod before, and it has both optical zoom and, a decent number of
pixels (for still pictures at least) so that you can do some digital
"darkroom magic" during "post production" after the actors have left town.

...when your "deleted scenes" (maybe to be included as "bonus features" on
the DVD) are ending up on the cutting room floor.

I use this camera mostly for still pictures (like this one, taken Feb 11 at
the blood bank :
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3662669&id=664267723&fbid=305704457723 )
; HOWEVER, it has what looks like an ad for "YouTube" on the front of the
camera (complete with a logo and color scheme, that seems to suggest that
Kodak and YouTube are trying to promote each other, or something like that).

It literally cost me under $100 last Thanksgiving at Wal-Mart (it might be
even cheaper now...) not counting the SD memory (flash) card, which I
already had, in my OLD Kodak camera (which died, or ailed.) -- and those (SD
memory cards) are cheaper now than when I bought mine.  Now I think they are
under $10, although maybe more for bigger sizes.  (but since I do
mostly still pictures, I don't need very many GB).

The camera is a Kodak "EasyShare" model C160.  You can borrow it if you want
to check it out.

It has built in "options" for [e.g.] modes for :

* Portrait
* Sport (fast action)
* Close up (subjects closer than 28 inches)
* Landscape
* Flower
* Sunset
* Backlight
* Candle light
* Children (action photos in bright light)
* Manner/Museum
* Text
* Beach
* Snow
* Fireworks
* Self Portrait (close-up of self)
* Night Portrait
* Night Landscape
* High ISO (very low light conditions)
and
* blur reduction (reduce blur due to subject motion)

but I do not know whether those are applicable to videos or not (I
personally use this camera mostly for still pictures.)

"Video" is another one of the modes -- (Hmm, hence it seems to be mutex with
each of the "modes" listed above...) -- (?)

I am not familiar with [the meaning of the term] "frame stabilization".  But
the manual for the Kodak "EasyShare" model C160 is probably available
on-line, so maybe you could look it up, and see if it does what you meant...

Just FYI.
HTH.
--
Mike Schwartz