volatile repo for CentOS

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Apr 21 14:53:54 MST 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, der.hans wrote:

> Does CentOS have something similar to debian-volatile that tracks packages
> that change a lot and need more frequent updates than happen in
> slow-moving distros like CentOS and Debian?

There are official and unofficial ones -- testing is close to
what you seek, but not systematically fed, nor weeded

 	http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

Most of what I package is either from scratch, or from Raw
Hide, and ends up, in SRPM form, at:
 	http://www.owlriver.com/projects/ORC/
and my mirror

If you have a particular need, send me an enail, and I can
usually publish a solution that works on CentOS in short
order.  If it needs security updates and tracking, we need to
discuss the matter more deeply.

- Russ herrold