difficulty regarding (links pointing to) lists.plug.phoenix.az.us

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Tue Apr 20 02:06:12 MST 2010

Well, maybe it is some kind of "DNS" related issue.

> All those links work fine for me using [...] AT&T DNS servers

That could turn out to be a key item of info...

Btw, "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>'s answers differed from mine.
 (Maybe a "DNS" issue!)  His *middle *result was "#fails" (which I also
got), but as for his 1st and 3rd, his results were "backwards" from what I
have been seeing -- in regard to that #works / #fails metric units.
(unless he had some *typo?*  naah... :-)

Also, things seemed to work *fine *for Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> and
"Stephen" <cryptworks at gmail.com>.  So there seem to be a bunch of things
that "could" have gone wrong, that did not...

and I am still observing some "#fails"
(at least with a Chrome browser; -- but I am starting to suspect that this
is "NOT" a "browser"-related issue)

FWIW, I am using Qwest DSL. I am not sure how to determine what my DNS
server is... Hmmm...

Well, I did a search, and just as I was going to "http://www.whatsmydns.net/",
all of a sudden, my (DNS?) problems toggled, and now my results match Craig
White's results!

Is that a bit suspicious?  Or maybe just a coincidence?  Hmmm...
Maybe it could "tell" us something...

PS:
Is http://www.plug.phoenix.az.us/ maybe a bogus domain name?
(Did Craig White just [erroneously] "make up" that domain name?)
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org