Network Monitoring

wta curonet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:58:55 MST 2010

Well I guessing that you are using citrix desktop then, and let said that
you are using more than one database or other client/server app, still' you
are using internet to put everything on one network, the two isdn lines are
slow by default, try to get something better for those locations, one thing
that you can do, is create a* High-Availability* *cluster*, and use those
servers with a a gigabyte card and the main switch with a gigabyte input,
that will gave more bandwidth and better client/server response, and, you
need as an addition to distribute better your bandwidth for those locations.
and take a look to your firewalls, and use IPSec/vpn tunnel  compression (
WAN load balancing) beside that it is not much that you can do, that make
better your internal network(LAN)
I forgot if you have a database use different server for that and check your
routers if is possible to add compression hardware that will speed inter
locations access too, but with tunnel compression on the traffic
manager(internet gateway, assuming that is a computer) will do that too.

Check for some ideas here about High-availability
http://www.howtoforge.com/howtos/high-availability

i hope that you find a solution. or may someone can input better idea

Walter Tocalini
Xtremetechs, LLC