Network Monitoring

wta curonet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:58:54 MST 2010

How many computer do you have on your network, are you using a linux box to
bandwidth feed those computer or a router, if is the second(router)what
brand is it?

anyone of those will be good, the only problem is that they need to be
between those computer in order to learn the bandwidth usage on your
network, if you have a small network, let said about 25 computers, mean that
you have a router(linksys,Netgear, etc),  well check which model it is, and
download DD-WRT firmware and upload to your router, you will gain speed on
your network, plus the ability to monitoring your network and a very simple
way, now if you have more than 25 computers,way more than 50, then you go
for those app. but in that case, you will need to load a computer with 2
network card, and everything has to go trough the box

Walter Tocalini
Xtremetechs, LLc