The good thing about standards...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 3 15:34:33 MST 2010

The good thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
choose from... especially when you propose one standard, it is rejected,
then the subsequent standard is approved but you only implement the one
that was rejected.

http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx

While I am convinced that today is proof positive that Steve Jobs is PT
Barnum reincarnated, the above link pretty much clarifies why
interchangeable data between applications is impossible. Because they
never had any intentions of incorporating the standards that they had
written.

It's clear to me that both Apple and Microsoft believe that people just
don't care that both companies have every intention of making you pay
for perceived convenience while working feverishly to obscure the
efforts that they spend to limit your options.

Craig

believed to be clean.