Embedded Linux

Matthew Riley mrileyaz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:28:44 MST 2010

Hello,

My name is Matt Riley and I have a few questions about embedded Linux. I'm
hoping someone can refer me to a good person to talk to. My background is in
web applications, which I've been doing now for the past 10 years.

I'm working on starting a technology company here in Phoenix that will use
embedded Linux to create a Wi-Fi router. What I want to do differently than
Linksys and the others is to customize a Linux distribution to be as easy as
possible for the end user to use. Right now if you look at the admin
interface for Linksys or Netgear you have to parse your way through tons of
screens. That's fine for technical people but not so fun for the mere
mortal.

I've seen that there are many Linux distributions already configured as
routers. I'd like to talk to someone that can tell me if it's technically
possible to do some of the customizations to one of these distributions.
(Also, I'd like to see if they, or someone they know, might be interested in
being involved as the lead engineer.)

I would really appreciate a referral to someone that specializes in embedded
Linux! Please feel free to contact me on or off list.

Thanks for your time,

Matt Riley
mrileyaz[at]gmail[dot]com
(623) 252-1978