RC Service Order

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Sep 16 21:04:10 MST 2009

Eric Cope wrote:
> is this because you can rely on the VPN to properly protect access to
> it through the vpn mechanisms?
> Eric
That should never be a consideration when you think about it. Most of
the attacks on systems come from INSIDE the network.

I have had systems across a VPN between tribal networks that were not
allowed to communicate except a single machine on one side to a single
machine on the other and we had rules in the VPN to control the traffic
between those machines. There are lots of reasons for rules inside a
tunnel but usually a tunnel is just between a single machine and some
other device. In my case I had two VPN boxes connecting to networks...

nathan