Lenovo W700

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Tue Sep 15 10:41:54 MST 2009

I'm thinking about picking up the Lenovo W700: anybody have any
experience with Linux on this laptop?  I was thinking about Ubuntu
9.04 64-bit.

Specifically, the video card is NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M and I'd be
curious if I can set up multi-head properly with this video card.  It
has three video outputs apparently (Dual-Link DVI, VGA and Display
Port) but I really just care about VGA.

On my Dell Latitude D630 (Quadro NVS 135M) I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 and
I can't get the VGA output to work correctly.  Basically I can get it
to work at 640x480 and even then if any 3D effects kick in the laptop
freezes.

For wireless it has an Intel WiFi Link 5300 which sounds like it is OK.